Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tnbriggs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Macbook Pro 5,1 (2008) running El Cap 10.11 and WinXP in boot camp. Mac OSX will not load. System downloads El Cap but installer chokes about 5 minutes into the install with error prompt that it can't find anything to install to. (1) single 750gb hard drive installed, 2 partitions, one for XP the other for El Cap. System boots to XP fine, can see the Mac partition fine and even copy files from it from XP. El Cap ran fine last time I used the machine, 2 months or so ago. Tried to run El Cap install from flash drive installer with same result.

Installation error log has prompts indicating "core resources not available". I called Apple support, no luck there. Have repaired disk x2 in diskutil, reset pram to no avail. I have copied contents of El Cap OSX partition on hard drive to external drive on my Mac Pro via target mode, worked fine. Any ideas before I wipe the El Cap partition, and try to install Snow Leopard from the its install disk DVD?

Installer log file attached.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Installer Log 11-28-20-3.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.