Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iangoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2020
Hi Forum. Since moving to catalina (10.15.3) the odd, but important, email’s gone awol. A major worry now, as they’re from clients wondering why I’ve not replied to work requests / amends etc.
The frustrating thing is it’s so random. I’ll get other emails from same sender, just not the odd one.
I’ve rebuilt the Mail app (MacBook pro) but that’s about the sum of my Mac wizardry!
Thanks in advance...

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
Maybe it's not the OS but a spam catcher?
I had a service provider and their spam checker deleted any message that began with 'Hiya'
I have found that odd messages not getting through like that can be connected to a single word.
Very difficult to catch- and of course it may be nothing at all to do with it but worth mentioning but I think it's the most likely if it's random.
Really, you need to work with the people sending the message to have any chance of sorting it out.
If they resend the same message do you get it the next time or are there messages you never get?

If you find it happening to messages you send then it's easier- you send them to yourself and see what happens.Then send half the message, half again etc and whittle it down that way.
If you are using 'rules' then definitely disable them for a while and see if it makes a difference.

iangoat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2020
Maybe it's not the OS but a spam catcher?
I had a service provider and their spam checker deleted any message that began with 'Hiya'
I have found that odd messages not getting through like that can be connected to a single word.
Very difficult to catch- and of course it may be nothing at all to do with it but worth mentioning but I think it's the most likely if it's random.
Really, you need to work with the people sending the message to have any chance of sorting it out.
If they resend the same message do you get it the next time or are there messages you never get?

If you find it happening to messages you send then it's easier- you send them to yourself and see what happens.Then send half the message, half again etc and whittle it down that way.
If you are using 'rules' then definitely disable them for a while and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for the effort there - and the forensic approach!
The whole thing’s odd, as I’ve been batting emails back n forth with these 2 senders for years- and now all of a sudden some of theirs don’t get through to me.
But I’ll try your ‘get them to send same mssg again’ thing.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.