Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axeplyr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Hi all. New to the forum with a frustrating issue.

At least one of my folders with several apps in it has mysteriously disappeared from view.

I can get to the apps by searching for their names, but that's a lousy way to have to get to them. And since I don't remember all the apps in the folder, it's not the best solution anyway.

Anybody seen this before? It's driving me nuts and I want to fix it. I've tried a reset, no help.

(Note that I'm on business travel and can't sync my iPad for a couple of weeks, hoping there's a "standalone" fix. )

Thanks!

John

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Not sure if this will work and you may still have to sync, but it's worth a try>:

Check on All Pages/Screens...

Check in Restrictions...

Settings > General > Restrictions

If no joy...

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen

Axeplyr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Not sure if this will work and you may still have to sync, but it's worth a try>:

Check on All Pages/Screens...

Check in Restrictions...

Settings > General > Restrictions

If no joy...

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen

Thank. I went straight to Reset Home Screen since I'd already done options 1 and 2. That brought the apps back! Now to reorg.

Thanks!

John

Axeplyr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Glad it worked.....Never happened to me but an app probably got stuck ( Not closed or shut down properly ) that's what normally causes this.

It's looking messy, but this is a good opportunity to do much needed cleanup. :D

Axeplyr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Yep, it's like a setup from new...much dragging and folder creation, but after you're done, check each app to make sure that they are opening and closing properly...you might have a rouge app there that causes this.

All set up, ran thru apps, so far so good. Thanks again!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.