Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bendeux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2017
searched a lot of forums and can't seem to find an answer...

Why is my overall iCloud storage used (2.3 of 5 GB) different from what it shows in "Manage Storage"

I have an iPhone 6S (10.3.1), iPad Air 2 (10.3.1), and a Mac Air (10.12.4), with the standard 5G of iCloud storage.

iCloud storage is currently at 2.3 GB of 5 GB used, and the storage is all labeled "docs." Under Manage Storage, it shows that documents and data are only 194.9MB.

This is what I've done so far:
-deleted both my iPhone and iPad backups from iCloud
-turned off the iCloud Photo Library automatic upload on all devices
-turned off iCloud Drive on all devices
-from my Mac, deleted files from the iCloud Drive (only amounted to <200MB)

the screen shots are from my iPhone, but my iPad shows the same thing.

Has anybody seen this before? Where do you go to delete the "documents" that are taking up almost half of
my iCloud storage?

IMG_2770.PNG IMG_2771.PNG IMG_2772.PNG Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 2.14.43 PM.jpg

Last edited:

lennonon

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2017
North
searched a lot of forums and can't seem to find an answer...

Why is my overall iCloud storage used (2.3 of 5 GB) different from what it shows in "Manage Storage"

I have an iPhone 6S (10.3.1), iPad Air 2 (10.3.1), and a Mac Air (10.12.4), with the standard 5G of iCloud storage.

iCloud storage is currently at 2.3 GB of 5 GB used, and the storage is all labeled "docs." Under
Manage Storage, it shows that documents and data are only 194.9MB.

This is what I've done so far:
-deleted both my iPhone and iPad backups from iCloud
-turned off the iCloud Photo Library automatic upload on all devices
-turned off iCloud Drive on all devices
-from my Mac, deleted files from the iCloud Drive (only amounted to <200MB)

the screen shots are from my iPhone, but my iPad shows the same thing.

Has anybody seen this before? Where do you go to delete the "documents" that are taking up almost half of
my iCloud storage?

View attachment 697067 View attachment 697068 View attachment 697069 View attachment 697070
I just realized that when I'm trying to get rid of iCloud it steals all my data from all my devices and races it and keeps it in the cloud until I go back to the cloud and buy more storage to get it back what the F

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.