Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
I went on a week-long cruise and my iPhone was off net and connected only to the cruise Wi-Fi so that I could use their app and get cruise information. I had no Internet and no cellular. During this week, I had some iMessages and some SMS messages sent to me. I figured that once I reconnected to my cellular provider or connect to Wi-Fi that the messages would come in. That was not the case. Any ideas if I can get those messages?

Note that on my iPad, which was on the cruise with me but not connected to any Wi-Fi was able to get missing iMessages when I got back on to Wi-Fi. Curious that they did not show up on my iPhone.

I am running iOS and iPadOS 15.5.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Do you have Messages in iCloud turned on on the iPad and iPhone?

You could try turning messages in iCloud off on the iPhone and you'll get the message "Disable and Download Messages in iCloud" to see if they just aren't syncing.

Then re-enable it.

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
Do you have Messages in iCloud turned on on the iPad and iPhone?

You could try turning messages in iCloud off on the iPhone and you'll get the message "Disable and Download Messages in iCloud" to see if they just aren't syncing.

Then re-enable it.
I toggled the iMessages off/on and in a day or so the messages showed up.

Thanks,

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.