Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megamegasleepy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
this i'm sure has already been covered, but couldn't find it when i searched. basically if i leave my powerbook on at home and mail open, emails do not make it to my iphone or mac at work. is this a .mac imap issue. mail is version 3.5 running on 10.5.6. i would love to sort this out as it makes feel like a complete idiot.

InkMaster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2007
Nagoya, Japan
this i'm sure has already been covered, but couldn't find it when i searched. basically if i leave my powerbook on at home and mail open, emails do not make it to my iphone or mac at work. is this a .mac imap issue. mail is version 3.5 running on 10.5.6. i would love to sort this out as it makes feel like a complete idiot.

Unless you're not talking about MobileMe but instead some other service which you're accessing via POP, not entirely sure what can be happening. Never heard of that happening nor should it happened.

Assuming that you are talking about MobileMe, can you still see the new emails via the me.com web interface?

mk456

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2009
Problem in Missing Mail

I'm running Chaos Intellect 3.0.3.6 on Windows XP SP3 on an HP Pavilion laptop (AMD turion 64 processor). Recently, I have been receiving mail messages with blank or missing bodies. All the header information appears to be there, but there is no message body. When I log onto my email service provdier's webmail viewer, I can see the entire message including the body, but for some reason it's not downloading correclty into Intellect. (I have the option set to leave mail on the POP3 server for 20 days.) This doesn't occur all the time, but it has been happening with increasing frequency lately. This is an issue of concern as I do not want to lose any messages. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this issue?

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
Slightly different problem with incoming mail.....

After a bit of a gap since the last problems MM seems to be back to its old tricks again. Twice in the last week the new mail icon shows new mail, its physically there as i can open it, read it, see the attachments and then within the 10 seconds or so it takes to log to the server and check for new mail the new emails have gone. Its not in another folder, it hasn't been deleted, its not in my iphone email, my web based MM email or on my mail on my macbook!!!!

Its getting beyond a joke and as there is a gap between the times it happens i think its something happening at the apple server end. Unfortunately my first year of MM is getting close (well, 3 months away) and im seriously thinking about why i should stay with this "service". If you can call it that.

whippet

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2007
sydney australia
blank emails

I'm running Chaos Intellect 3.0.3.6 on Windows XP SP3 on an HP Pavilion laptop (AMD turion 64 processor). Recently, I have been receiving mail messages with blank or missing bodies. All the header information appears to be there, but there is no message body. When I log onto my email service provdier's webmail viewer, I can see the entire message including the body, but for some reason it's not downloading correclty into Intellect. (I have the option set to leave mail on the POP3 server for 20 days.) This doesn't occur all the time, but it has been happening with increasing frequency lately. This is an issue of concern as I do not want to lose any messages. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this issue?

im having same issue with mac mail. half my emails are missing the body of the email. only receive header etc. the full mail is on the server when i check. occasionally I will re open an email that did d/l correctly but the body is no longer there. help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.