Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebmoyer3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
Ohio
Hi, I recently have jailbroken my iPhone 5s with Yalu Jailbreak and Installed a tweak causing my phone to crash which therefore I had to force restart my phone which gave me a bluescreen for 3 seconds but the third second had a red line on the top and booted my phone up and I noticed I am missing apps that include the settings app, facetime app, clock app (no more alarms :( ), the imessages app, stocks app, news app, and the health app. I am unfortunately not on apple care so I cant get it replaced. Is there any way I can go those apps back. I really really need them. Thank you

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi, I recently have jailbroken my iPhone 5s with Yalu Jailbreak and Installed a tweak causing my phone to crash which therefore I had to force restart my phone which gave me a bluescreen for 3 seconds but the third second had a red line on the top and booted my phone up and I noticed I am missing apps that include the settings app, facetime app, clock app (no more alarms :( ), the imessages app, stocks app, news app, and the health app. I am unfortunately not on apple care so I cant get it replaced. Is there any way I can go those apps back. I really really need them. Thank you
Looks like there's a recent ongoing thread about the same kind of thing in the jailbreak section at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/all-my-stock-apps-have-been-deleted-after-jailbreaking.2032054/

calebmoyer3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2017
Ohio
DFU-restore the phone and next time don't JB without knowing what you're doing.
I knew what I was doing it must have been one of the tweaks crashing in the background I have jailbroken before and never had that problem until yesterday.i restored my phone anyways so thanks.

Stevessvt

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Is this wide spread? Wonder if this is a deterrent Apple is implementing if the phone discovers you have jail broken it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.