Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyfly

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2022
I love iPhone, I've been with apple ecosystem for more than 15 years, but I can't believe that I still see a few mistakes that haven't got fixed:

- You are playing spotify, go to whatsapp to listen to an audio that a contact has sent you, play it, and after it finishes, the song will not continue, you have to manually go back to spotify to press play again

- You listen to a whatsapp audio and lock the screen, and the audio starts cracking and listen to microcuts all the time if the screen is off, but if the screen is turned on (even locked), you can listen to it perfectly

- You are using google maps in the car while driving and someone calls you, you press the green button to answer the call, and the map disappears and while driving you have to swipe to open back google maps

These "mistakes" are the ones that I can't understand how keep happening. Am I the only one thinking that this is not the right behaviour the iPhone should have under those conditions?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
1. iOS can handle very brief audio transition between apps based on how temporary the new audio is. It an upper limit on how long that can be, since, for example, if you want to watch a 2 min youtube video while listening to Spotify, iOS gives browser the priority to play the audio. After then, there is no way for iOS to know you will resume to listen to Shopify or watch another YouTube video. The point is, iOS has the feature you want, but has limits.

2. Blame either whatsapp not using the correct API to handle background audio Playback, or Apple To not update API on their end. It’s not entirely Apple’s fault.

3. Since idk iOS 15 or so, calling can be set to work like receiving a persistent notification with ringtone Rather than taking up the entire screen. Use that setting and you can continue to navigate while receiving calls. Unless your car handles that feature differently, you don’t have to switch.

Here you go.

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
Apple has its own apps for those apps, so Apple isn't motivated to let other's apps work without flaws. But I have no proof that this is by design.

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
There’s also a problem with FaceTime when you’re calling someone and it’s ringing the volume goes all the way up and when I try to lower it with the volume button it doesn’t go down. I have to pull down the top right and lower it that way.

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
CarPlay has several annoying little things that it does. In apple maps no matter what vehicle I am driving it will always revert to trying to direct me to my home even when we are home or give directions to a place in the past when I just want the basic map so I can see traffic conditions. Then it does not remember that I want the basic map when I stop and then start the car. Unless I directly want directions and have saved the directions I want the basic map. Anther one is to start playing music immediately after I start my vehicles when I did use the player the last time I was in the car. Rather shocking to my wife that ZZ Top started

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
I would consider moving to Apple Music. You can import your MP3 collection for plugging streaming gaps and they pay artists double that of Spotify. The app is also a lot cleaner

Skyuser

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2022
3. Since idk iOS 15 or so, calling can be set to work like receiving a persistent notification with ringtone Rather than taking up the entire screen. Use that setting and you can continue to navigate while receiving calls. Unless your car handles that feature differently, you don’t have to switch.
This feature was introduced with iOS 14. :)

Reactions: TechnoMonk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.