Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
MLB at Bat APP was upgraded to version 5.2.0 (5809) on May 1st and now the APP crashes during streaming straight to the TVOS home screen.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm an international subscriber, not that that should be an issue. I've really not ever had issues with the MLB APP and my ATV4K until this last update. Yes I have done the usual fixes for mis-behaving APPS, delete APP, reboot ATV and reinstall APP, still the APP crashes.

TIA for any replies

Soondae

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
I saw it twice tonight. Hope it goes away.
I reported it to MLB but all I got for a response is the usual delete the APP, restart and reinstall the APP.

I think it would be good if everyone that has this issue reports it to MLB via contact us on their web site.

Last edited:
Reactions: niteflyr

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
This happened to me on Saturday. I reported it as well. I'm sure they'll update the app to squash this bug.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Happening constantly currently, very frustrating.
Please report it as it is the only way they will get off their self righteous arse and fix it. Remember, we pay for this service!
[doublepost=1557658709][/doublepost]By the way I hooked up my old ATV3 and it works fine as does my Samsung TV, so it is definitely an issue with the TVOS APP!

Well now the ATV3 has stopped working. The APP loads shows scores but when I select a game nothing happens. So looks like they dropped support for the ATV 2 and 3 APPs now.

Last edited:

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I saw this problem was well, and did report it. I also deleted and reinstalled the app and it appears to have fix the problem. Although the email support for this app is abysmal.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
What is a good contact email to send complaints to?
Once you are logged into your account on the website select "Contact Us" from the top menu then you'll be taken to an online form to submit your inquiry.
[doublepost=1558487126][/doublepost]
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlbtv/help-center/contact-us.jsp
[doublepost=1558483354][/doublepost]I talked to a second level supervisor today. He agreed it sounds like it's a software issue and said he would kick it up the ladder.
Thank goodness! I have tried everything to get them to escalate this.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Have sent complaints in twice and followed instructions sent back each time. If anything, the issue has gotten worse since. It’s far from resolved...extremely frustrating.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Have sent complaints in twice and followed instructions sent back each time. If anything, the issue has gotten worse since. It’s far from resolved...extremely frustrating.
Yes I've given up on the TVOS APP for now. I've been using the APP on my Samsung TV which is very basic, doesn't have the extras that the Apple TV APP has.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Yes I use a DNS service, have for 4 years now and never had any issues with the MLB at Bat APP until this last update. I did disable the DNS using my ISP auto config and still have the same issue. In fact it's worse today as the APP won't even start a stream, now all I get is a black screen after it loads the game data. What's funny is that the RECAP and Condensed games work but it won't start the FULL game from the archives.

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
The only time I have had an issue with the MLB app crashing if I try to access from within the TV app. Otherwise it works fine. Although I don’t have a menu option for video.

The actual tech support is horrible this year.

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
I saw a new one last night. The MLB app crashed and went to the tvOS main screen before I even got a live game video started. I hope we get an update soon.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
The MLB app was updated on the 30th, and I was watching a game last night with no crashes. YMMV.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Numerous crashes again tonight, clearly this update didn't fix anything.

I saw a little further up the thread that you are using a DNS proxy service. Have you tried disabling that and watching a game? See if that helps?

ronkuba

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
I saw a little further up the thread that you are using a DNS proxy service. Have you tried disabling that and watching a game? See if that helps?
I don't use a dns proxy and mine crashed about 5 minutes into a game. Using my Sony android tv and having no problems. Definitely a appletv app problem. Mlbtv support is really bad. They act like this is the first they heard of this problem but if you do a search on twitter, MacRumors, or Reddit that's impossible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.