Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ec51

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
So was anyone else bothered by the fact that now all of a sudden we will have to purchase At Bat again next season?

This was not disclosed in the original description of At Bat - at least to my knowledge.

Ever since the Playoffs update, we now have been notified that we will have have to purchase the App again next season!

This to me sounds like false advertising since the original description never said that the app would only work for the 2008 season.

Eric

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Well I have NO interest in this app, and had barely read about it or looked into it because I have zero interest in baseball -- and even *I* knew it was a "per season" app, which would require you to keep purchasing it every season...

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Even if it weren't fully disclosed that you'd have to re-purchase it for the 2009 season, it never said it'd be free for life. Seems like you assumed it would be, and assumed incorrectly at that.

FearlessFreep

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Northern Virginia, USA
I'm OK to purchase it every season. There has been a decent amount of enhancement since the app first launched, and I fully expect that will continue in next year's version. Development costs money.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I bought Madden last year for the PlayStation. I'm disgusted to find there's a new version out this year.

kleinias

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
As another thread poster to this thread mentioned, I also never had any interest in this application (although I like baseball), but knew they would charge for future use. Forgive me for saying this, but sometimes a little common sense goes a long way. Did you really think the official baseball application from MLB would give you free lifetime updates for $3?

I only mention this because you used words like "scam" and terms like "false advertising." I'm as pro-consumer as the next guy, but this all seems just a bit much.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
While I'm sure there will be improvements in the app, one should consider it a service/season pass that you can pay for each year.

slidetounlock

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
yes, the OP has a sandy vag, and he's a tool x2. Yeah I am pissed my MLB Game Day Audio ends this year too, i want my next year free! Puhleease

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I was fully aware that it was only for this season when I purchased the app. You simply missed reading that little section when you bought the app.

No I am not upset that we have to buy it again next year, it's worth every penny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.