Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erreorrantia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
how do I get my mms and iMessages to be on the same chat? like it used to be like that in my other iphone but now I got 2 chats for the same contact, one in blue and one in green. is there like a special way to save a contact for it to work like that??

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
If one is in green, then you're texting to a non-iMessage number. Check the contact details. I bet the green one is the phone number and the blue one might be them chatting via a Mac.

erreorrantia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
I know what blue and green means, the person I'm talking to is in an iphone as well, what I want is blue and green on the same chat like for my iphone to difference when I have internet and send them by blue and when I do not send ten by green just like it used to be in my older iphone I believe there may be an espesific way to save the contact for it to work

ShermanL

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
iPhone to iPhone produces green message

I've read lots of discussion, but no solution.

Does anyone know why this just started happening between two iPhones.

I can fix this by texting to her icloud e-mail address, but then her e-mail address appears as to and from. Before, it used to say her name only.

All iMessage e-mails and phone numbers are set to send and receive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.