Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hi all,

a coworker of mine and I are lookign at using Mobile Me (iDisc specifically) as a document sharing solution. We lead music at a church throughout the week and need a place to store all our sheet music (in word doc format) where it can be accessible to both of us at any time. I was thinking that Mobile Me would be a good solution. Each of us would be able to add songs to the file as we find them, and download ones we'd like to use for services. Is that right?

Does that make sense? Is what we want to do possible? Can two people have upload/download access to the same mobile me account?

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
Yes you can do this. There may be another way, but I know for sure that you can log into your me.com account, select iDisk, then select the file(s) you want to share and click the share button. You can then send out a link to the person you are sharing with, as well as set any password protection you want.

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Can that person who is beign shared with edit and reupload documents to the idisc?

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
Can that person who is beign shared with edit and reupload documents to the idisc?

Hmm, that is a good question. I don't know because I've never had occasion to try it.

You might want to consider Dropbox though. According to the site, you can use it to share and collaborate with others. It is free to use for up to 2GB of storage, and paid after that. It doesn't seem like you would be using that much storage space, so you might be able to get away with the free version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.