Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonny99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
New Jersey
HELP - I joined Mobile Me and it totally screwed up my iPhone. Apparently I did something wrong but now I just want to get rid of it forever. I don't even care that I paid for the year. It's worth the money just to get rid of it. My e-mails are not the same. I can't get any except if they come to Mobile me. I finally deleted the link off my phone for Mobile Me and that screwed things up worse. I did a "restore" and then restored it to my back-up which didn't have Mobile Me anywhere on it. However, when I backed it up iTunes downloaded 2479 pictures that were on my computer to my iPhone. The worst thing is that I cannot delete them. I also lost my address book because that was pulled over by Mobile Me. All I want to know is how to get rid of Mobile Me and get my phone back to working like it used too. Thanks in advance!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Log into your computer/mac if it's a mac them MobileMe is an icon in the top right. You can edit/turn off the sync options. If your on a pc it's in the control panel.

As for all your issues it's not mobile me it's just setup wrong. Do you can't help setting it up correctly?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I can't get any except if they come to Mobile me.

Do you mean you deleted other email accounts off your phone? Can't you just add those email accounts back?

Sync your phone back up to iTunes and switch off syncing with photos. All the photos will be removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.