Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

combat squirrel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
So mobile me is failing to work and im not impressed as iv lost key information in my calendar (so iv got to phone people up again to find out when im ment to be places – very embarrassing).

I use:

Mac
Ipad
Iphone4

So what happens is, when I update something in the web browser of the mobile me home site (NOT on ical on the mac), it seems to then sync to all devices correctly and reasonably quickly - WELL except my ipad seems to take way longer, even after I set syncinc to every 30 mins (it seemingly takes hours).

If I add calendar appointments from say my iphone 4 or ipad (which I do most frequently as when im out meeting people I OBVIOUSLY will add appointments on my iphone 4 as it’s the most convenient way) ... it only keeps the information local to that device…..and then after a day or 2 it disappears ………WT^$%%^$ !!! WHATS THE POINT OF THAT !.......iv added some ‘test appointments’ to my devices from my iphone and ipad and they just stay local to that device, the mobile me ‘cloud’ doesn’t seem to receive the information and then what im guessing is (it only sends and seemingly overwrites)…., seems to do it on my mac also but less often.

Iv reset up my mobile me account on the devices and told it to merge all data, yet it still keeps doing this, WHATS going on ? Any help very gratefully received.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
If your MobileMe in the Cloud is the Master and completely up to date then why are you doing "merge all data". If I have a problem I normally "replace" all data on the devices with Data in MobileMe. Normally on the iPhone I just turn off the Calendar or Contacts and it asks if I want to delete all and I say yes because I want to reload from Mobileme which happens when I re-activate.

With that said. I normally make my changes in Outlook for both the Calendar and Contacts. They then Sync with MobileMe via Mobileme Control Panel. However, I recently added a new contract on my iPhone and it did not Push up to MobileMe. I then LOST the Contact. I do not remember this ever happening before. So maybe something new is going on.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Just decided to test my Calendar and all worked as expected on my iPhone 4, iPad, Mobileme and Outlook (Outlook requires Sync via MobileMe Control Panel instead of Push).

Also, not sure what you mean by the following. Do you have "Push" enable on your iPhone and iPad. It only uses Sync for Applications that do not support "Push".

"syncinc to every 30 mins"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.