Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Why do some websites refuse to have a mobile version?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Because responsive designs are also an option, where the site adjusts its elements to any device.
Some prefer to have mine at all, some are from times where mobile sites wasn’t a thing.

What does this have to do with iPhone?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Because making two websites takes twice as long and the guy who needs to make it needs to get paid.
Bottom line: most websites suck on iOS because the website owners are too cheap or their webmaster is too lazy.

But ultimately it comes down to iOS browsers and Safari in particular. Bottom line: (again), It's because web browsers on iOS suck.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Because making two websites takes twice as long and the guy who needs to make it needs to get paid.
Bottom line: most websites suck on iOS because the website owners are too cheap or their webmaster is too lazy.

But ultimately it comes down to iOS browsers and Safari in particular. Bottom line: (again), It's because web browsers on iOS suck.

That is not my experience at all. Most websites I visit work quite well especially on iPad with pretty much the the same functionality as on the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.