Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jarrodtb

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
dumb questions...

in the demo video, why does he put a plus sign before his phone number?

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
You figure for as long as we had jailbroken software these guys did it for free, now all they ask is $2.99, and out of that they get only 70%, guys...come on...throw them a bone for good software.

coolb0yalex

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2008
honestly, i am disappointed in this product. For $2.99, they should of made everything much more, well, smooth. When the product was in the Installer, it was free and even the icon looks better. I'd stick with the free solution (AIM) for now because they will eventually come out with the push-notification and all my contacts are on AIM. In the end, I just hope they update this product to be more visually stunning and not just another AIM client that looks exactly like the free solution. Just my 2 cents.

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
The + is used for the country code. He probably has friends overseas who has an iPhone.

Why pay 2.99 USD for this when Palringo is free and does pretty much the same thing?

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Did you guys even bother to read the pop up window? Chill out while they load up more servers.

Parlingo does not do the same thing at all... This keeps you active when you close the program and SMSs you when you get a message.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
nice.. now for all you guys to try it first and tell me if it sucks or not.. although $3.00 isnt that bad.. maybe i will DL it and not tell my hubby.. i HATE that our iTunes is on HIS credit cards!

You could always make a new iTunes account :)

I'm probably gonna download it though I don't really trust these guys to be honest.

Stile

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2007
What I'm wondering is can you still listen to music while this thing is running? Palringo is OK, but your music stops playing when it starts.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
3 dollars is pricey? Its the price of an effing drink at a bar... Stop being so damn cheap and go get a job!

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
for those who haven't visited the homepage of mobilechat...

Ladies and Gentlemen…we’re live on AppStore.

We have a number of confirmations from New Zealand users that MobileChat is on the AppStore.

This is great news for our users and TERRIBLE news for us. While we’re excited that it’s on AppStore. We had no idea that the push behind MobileChat was so big! Our server load is going through the roof as I write this email and we’re quickly beginning to feel the heat.

With that being said, I just want all of our users to know that we are a very SMALL company. (There’s really only 2 of us!) As a result, we’re struggling to keep up with the demand and scale as we need. (This is a good problem.)

We will have a support site up ASAP to answer your many questions. In the meantime, please email support@twenty08.com if you should have any questions.

-Saverio

P.S: We’re all very excited! Please bare with us during this time while we recover from the initial AppStore beating!

UPDATE: We will be provisioning new servers throughout the night to improve stability. We took the precautionary measure of ordering a few servers over the past few weeks while we awaited our launch, so we won’t have to wait for our datacenter to provision new servers. Please be advised that as we provision new servers, you will be disconnected and reconnected sporadically. Again, we ask that our users bare with us and the service as we continue to handle the load.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
for those who haven't visited the homepage of mobilechat...

Ladies and Gentlemen…we’re live on AppStore.

We have a number of confirmations from New Zealand users that MobileChat is on the AppStore.

This is great news for our users and TERRIBLE news for us. While we’re excited that it’s on AppStore. We had no idea that the push behind MobileChat was so big! Our server load is going through the roof as I write this email and we’re quickly beginning to feel the heat.

With that being said, I just want all of our users to know that we are a very SMALL company. (There’s really only 2 of us!) As a result, we’re struggling to keep up with the demand and scale as we need. (This is a good problem.)

We will have a support site up ASAP to answer your many questions. In the meantime, please email support@twenty08.com if you should have any questions.

-Saverio

P.S: We’re all very excited! Please bare with us during this time while we recover from the initial AppStore beating!

UPDATE: We will be provisioning new servers throughout the night to improve stability. We took the precautionary measure of ordering a few servers over the past few weeks while we awaited our launch, so we won’t have to wait for our datacenter to provision new servers. Please be advised that as we provision new servers, you will be disconnected and reconnected sporadically. Again, we ask that our users bare with us and the service as we continue to handle the load.

what's up with these guys? weren't they just not too long ago whining about how apple was delaying the release of their app and blaming apple for the delay on their development blog, saying it could be released any day now.....any day now, and now that it's been released, they are basically asking people to be patient because they are somewhat unprepared and need to wait for their datacenter to provision the new servers......i find it funny that they blame apple and now their datacenter but of course, they had the good sense to order servers long time ago but now the datacenter is more or less at fault in provisioning the new servers? puhlease

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
Well that was a disappointing launch. Not a good way to have your product come out of the gate and fail right off the bat.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
LOL Not surprised. I bought this and I can't connect. They blame Apple for not releasing it and now they blame them for releasing it and crashing their servers.

=Shadow=

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
I won't buy this app since it doesn't seem worth buying an IM client when I already have one that was free and suits my needs. Now, if this was AgileMessenger from Installer that we were talking about...

(Please port that and put it on Installer or Cydia!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.