Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
If you dont already know, a new version of MobileChat is now in installer.

Looks like a great update with support for .mac, including a great new icon! :D

EDIT: I am having some trouble connecting. Connected fine the first time login, but for some reason now it just seems to be in and enldess "Please wait" with the bar going across cycle....hmmm

EDIT2: nvm, I think it was because my ApolloIM accnt was still set as "Active", anyway working great now. I like it better than Apollo! How about you?

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I think the new features put this ahead of ApolloIM for now. The icon is certainly better

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can delete accounts from this.. I typoed when entering my account name and now I'm stuck with it on my list.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can delete accounts from this.. I typoed when entering my account name and now I'm stuck with it on my list.

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling and entering name again?

racemize

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
it appears to stay connected and handle edge wifi switchover a lot better (and it has a better UI). I'm using this one now (at least until the next update war comes).

racemize

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
nevermind, not working that great on edge. Did work well on wifi at home, but that's not as good... (It pretends to be online, but if you watch it with your computer it doesn't work).

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Does anyone else have trouble connecting using mobile chat? Sometimes it will just sit there with the bar going across forever.

So I go over to Apollo, set my account to active, try to log in, fail. try to log in a second time, it works. So I quit Apollo, deactivate my account, go back over to mobilechat and it works.

Also, I think it would be great if there was a setting for the chat to launch when the iPhone was turned on, so I dont even have to go into the app and login. Its just always on.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Seriously.. thats the only bug that stops me from using it!! Other than that, its a great program so far!! Cant wait for large keyboard mode too, and status updates under their names.

DamnDJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2003
Baltimore
I just installed MobileChat a few minutes ago and I cannot connect. Like some others, it just sits there trying to connect forever and ever.

EDIT: nevermind, I can't connect to Edge at all. Hopefully this is not a result of my modding.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I just installed MobileChat a few minutes ago and I cannot connect. Like some others, it just sits there trying to connect forever and ever.

when this happens the only way i can get it to connect is to go into apollo, connect using that, exit apollo, then start up MobileChat again...not ideal

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I love MobileChat but I just wish Shaun, the developer, would fix the bug where in the middle of a chat, it will scroll to the beginning of the conversation. UGH.

I just noticed this bug last night (I split time between MobileChat and Apollo and don't use either all that often yet), and it annoyed me to no end. This needs to be fixed!

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
anybody know how to keep mobilechat connected? I'm used to having my aim and yahoo messenger on my tmobile sidekick connected throughout the whole day. Hopefully the next update will come with setting with option to select time session before disconnect

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
anybody know how to keep mobilechat connected? I'm used to having my aim and yahoo messenger on my tmobile sidekick connected throughout the whole day. Hopefully the next update will come with setting with option to select time session before disconnect

I stay connected until I log out, or lose my signal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.