Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Genius Elon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
Miami Beach, FL
Last week I upgraded to the iOS14 beta 1 and my device got reported as jailbroken, and my access to corp email got revoked. I have to restore the device to iOS13.5.1 to get the access back. No the beta 2 is released. Anyone knows if the Mobileiron is usable on the beta 2 version? Million thanks!

New89ton

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2020
I’m suffering as well!! Gunshy to retry. I’m about to complain (politely lol) to Mobile Iron directly. I just found on Reddit that someone claims to work for them and speeding up approvals helps with multiple requests.

thebro20

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
According to their Twitter they don’t support beta software so who knows how long it’ll take them to get the app working

Reactions: New89ton

New89ton

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2020
Fingers crossed! Let the polite complains pile in! ???
429A1847-17E7-40F8-A5FA-E38DC7FBE7A9.png

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
While it’s cool you’re doing this, I’m worried about the precedent this is setting.

Should companies be forced to support beta software upon demand from users? I think it’s a bit unreasonable.

Beta software should not be used with any expectation of support or warranty. It’s completely optional to use.

I don’t think you’re “demanding” anything but I see where this could go with others.

Genius Elon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
Miami Beach, FL
While it’s cool you’re doing this, I’m worried about the precedent this is setting.

Should companies be forced to support beta software upon demand from users? I think it’s a bit unreasonable.

Beta software should not be used with any expectation of support or warranty. It’s completely optional to use.

I don’t think you’re “demanding” anything but I see where this could go with others.
I understand your concern, but developers in my company need to get prepared for the new iOS by working on the betas. We cannot wait for the public version to come out by when it would be too late. And my company strictly prohibits sending work-related contents to personal devices. There seems to be no other way.......

New89ton

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2020
I do get what you’re saying... it kinda pulls the whole experimental word out of the equation. I’ll admit.. whole heartedly.. that I’m being a brat and just want it. Lol

If we don’t get it.. we’ll survive! Lol its only a short time anyways that is being in this stage.
[automerge]1594299865[/automerge]
I understand your concern, but developers in my company need to get prepared for the new iOS by working on the betas. We cannot wait for the public version to come out by when it would be too late. And my company strictly prohibits sending work-related contents to personal devices. There seems to be no other way.......

Luckily I’m not in this situation but see that too. Personally, it’s my personal phone with MI on it so I can get all of my work stuff on it. I work for a railroad and are currently working on automated inspection portals so it’s basically just me wanting.. but not needing it.

Ampidire

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
WA
Bummer that I can’t make an account to see it

Well yeah, it's for your companies MI admins to see; since it's the support portal.

Symptoms
After updating to iOS 14 beta 1, users may receive an alert in MobileIron Go or Mobile@Work that their device has been jailbroken.

Administrators may see iOS 14 beta 1 devices unexpectedly quarantined or have compliance actions taken.

Cause

This issue is currently under investigation.

Resolution

This issue is currently expected to be addressed in Q3 updates to the affected apps prior to the iOS 14 release.

Until these updates area available, administrators should remove compliance actions for jailbroken iOS 14 beta devices.

Apparently removing compliance actions doesn't resolve it anyway, at least per the comments on that KB.

New89ton

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2020
Well yeah, it's for your companies MI admins to see; since it's the support portal.

Symptoms
After updating to iOS 14 beta 1, users may receive an alert in MobileIron Go or Mobile@Work that their device has been jailbroken.

Administrators may see iOS 14 beta 1 devices unexpectedly quarantined or have compliance actions taken.

Cause

Resolution

This issue is currently expected to be addressed in Q3 updates to the affected apps prior to the iOS 14 release.

Until these updates area available, administrators should remove compliance actions for jailbroken iOS 14 beta devices.

Apparently removing compliance actions doesn't resolve it anyway, at least per the comments on that KB.

Gotcha! Definitely appreciated and thank you! I like how their last paragraph is trying to say they’re jailbroken. ?

Genius Elon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
Miami Beach, FL

Symptoms

Cause

Resolution

Truly appreciated, Bro. Seems we have to wait quite some time for the above mentioned update. I will let the developers know that Mobileiron is working on this and hope you could keep us posted.

New89ton

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2020
Here’s the latest that has been stated.

Attachments

• 2F6E5352-2FCE-40B0-9A8A-92F812D9B5C8.png
    2F6E5352-2FCE-40B0-9A8A-92F812D9B5C8.png
    1 MB · Views: 328

Genius Elon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
Miami Beach, FL
so everyone has to wait for the final public release....maybe I need to talk to our security guys and ask for permission to do jobs on our personal devices...or it might be too late to wait till Sep

nilton.jacintho

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2020

But Mario, what are BETA for? We need to install and test our apps! In fact i believe on it because with our feedback the BETA get better and fast!! Of course i am a developer!

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Not working as per a post on the Broken\Buggy Apps thread which is a logical place to look for this sort of info...

Genius Elon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2020
Miami Beach, FL
Not working as per a post on the Broken\Buggy Apps thread which is a logical place to look for this sort of info...

That was posted by me, but just found out that my colleague tested the old version prior to the new release yesterday. So I am not sure whether anyone has tested on the new update release yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.