Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I have had MobileMe for about 6 months now and I really love how well it works for iphone. Much better push email than Yahoo! or google (in my experience at least).

However the web experience through a browser is just garbage. Its only really good to use the "Find my iPhone" features.

I am trying to set up MobileMe mail and contacts to sync to Windows live mail in Windows 7.

What is the best way to do this and is there any way to have it push to both my Windows 7 desktop and my iPhone? Maybe with some kind of push popup or notification when I get an email.

I use my MobileMe mail exclusively for communication with friends so I like to read and respond to those emails as quickly as they come in.

any tips or suggestions would be awesomesauce

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Look at MobileMe preferences in control panel. It works best if you have outlook. The only calendar option is with outlook. Several options for contacts. Any imap mail client will work. I have used outlook for some time and works great.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Well I have the Email working well with windows live mail.

however I cannot seem to get mobile me control panel to sync my contacts into my Windows contacts. keep getting an error

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Well I have the Email working well with windows live mail.

however I cannot seem to get mobile me control panel to sync my contacts into my Windows contacts. keep getting an error

Well it's now mid-June and you still can't get MM to sync contacts with Windows 7 Live Mail.
VERY DISAPPOINTING!
I wish they would hurry and fix this.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.