Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Someone almost walked away with my wifes iphone recently and it got me thinking about the MobileMe finder service, it's the only service I think might be worth the money.

Anyhow I have 2 iphones and 2 ipads and they are all on the same Apple account. Would a single mobileme account allow me to utilize the finder service on ANY of my iphones/ipads if they all share the same Apple account?

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Someone almost walked away with my wifes iphone recently and it got me thinking about the MobileMe finder service, it's the only service I think might be worth the money.

Anyhow I have 2 iphones and 2 ipads and they are all on the same Apple account. Would a single mobileme account allow me to utilize the finder service on ANY of my iphones/ipads if they all share the same Apple account?

Yes:

The Find My iPhone app is now available as a free download from the App Store.

If you lose your iPhone or iPad while on the go, simply install the Find My iPhone app on any other iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to find it. Sign in with your member name and password to locate your missing device on a map and have it display a message or play a sound. You can even remotely lock the missing device to protect your privacy, or wipe it to permanently delete all of your data if you think that it won't be returned.* The app will automatically sign you out after 15 minutes of inactivity or you can manually sign out at any time.

In addition to the new app, the Find My iPhone web application on me.com now displays your device location on a full-screen map. Simply click the device on the map to reveal the full set of Find My iPhone actions.

To download the new Find My iPhone app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, visit the App Store. To use Find My iPhone on your Mac or PC, go to me.com/find. As a reminder, be sure to set up MobileMe and Find My iPhone on all the devices you want to locate.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009

Thanks. How would it work if I wanted to, just for the hell of it, track all 4 of my idevices at the same time on the website? If I have 4 devices logged onto the same Apple account I wonder how Mobileme keeps track of which is which?

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Thanks. How would it work if I wanted to, just for the hell of it, track all 4 of my idevices at the same time on the website? If I have 4 devices logged onto the same Apple account I wonder how Mobileme keeps track of which is which?
I have 4 connected to mine (3 iPhones and 1 iPad). When you go into the Finder you see all 4 listed and it shows if they can be found. If found you just click on the one you want to see it's location and the map. Very nice.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
d21mike said:
I have 4 connected to mine (3 iPhones and 1 iPad). When you go into the Finder you see all 4 listed and it shows if they can be found. If found you just click on the one you want to see it's location and the map. Very nice.

Excellent, TY that's what I was looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.