Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I got MobileMe for $69 at the Apple store. I know it's probably cheaper on Ebay. I passed by an Apple store to check on 3G stock, of course they were out, and told the sales rep I bought an iPad online on April 3rd, but didn't buy MM for the discounted price. She said she could give me that price if wanted to get it today & I did. She coded it as MM with iPad on the receipt. So, in case anyone else wants MM, try the Apple store.

:D

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You can buy MM for $69 from Apple along with a new hardware purchase like an iPad or new computer. It looks like the Apple Store employee simply allowed you to use that bundle purchase price after your purchase.

MontyC

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
London Uk
Slightly off topic... Read somewhere that MobileMe might become a free service. Mine is up for renewal in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard if they will refund those who renew/purchase within a few months should MM become free?

AmpSkillz

macrumors regular
I got mine on ebay for a lower price and had activation emailed to me...

I did that twice with 1 year memberships only paid about 20$-30$ each time

the first time I just received the activation code and it suddenly expired after 1 month and the ebay member magically disappeared (even though he had great feedback)

the second time the guy offered sending me the activation code or the box unopened, but since i was impatient and being cautious i asked for both

Slightly off topic... Read somewhere that MobileMe might become a free service. Mine is up for renewal in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard if they will refund those who renew/purchase within a few months should MM become free?

assuming that the rumors are true (and most people believe they are)

it is likely that paid members will have larger iDisk/Gallery storage, monthly bandwidth, find my iPhone, etc., and free members will just get the email, calendar, contacts, limited iDisk/Gallery, etc.

so refunds wont be necessary I suppose

maybe a partial refund.. or an extension of paid features.. or a discount to renew

I would be amazed if there is not advertising on the free version as well

UCBruins

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
Just got mine off of ebay for $55 and had it e-mailed to me! Make sure to go with a power seller.

Love ebay!

elephunkman

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2010
Boston
You can buy MM for $69 from Apple along with a new hardware purchase like an iPad or new computer. It looks like the Apple Store employee simply allowed you to use that bundle purchase price after your purchase.

Yup, they like to announce really loud at iPhone launches at my local store on a loudspeaker about MobileMe and the promotional price if you buy it with a product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.