Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I've been contemplating signing up for mobile me for some time now. But here's a quick question:

When I enable my Gmail to be pushed to my iPhone, some of my messages aren't synced. My inbox will only sync a certain number of recent messages. Because of this, I always switch back to the normal Gmail account on my phone (where it just pulls emails), since I need access to my older messages on my phone.

Is this just something inherently wrong with PUSH email services? Or is it only with Gmail?

Basically, I want to know if MobileMe push email will include my ENTIRE inbox?

Also, Gmail will "Soft-delete" emails, in a way that they're removed from my inbox, but will remain in an All-Mail folder. Does MobileMe email do this as well? It's very handy I find...

Finally, MobileMe email: Does it have a good spam blocker? I find Gmails to be great...

(Basically, I'm a long-time Gmail user very curious about MobileMe)

DataRiff

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
New York, NY
I would really like to know the answer to this as well... I've been on Gmail since it was in beta, and I like it, but I'm very interested in MobileMe, all the services it offers seem perfect for me. Also, does MobileMe e-mail push instantly to your iPhone? (I know that's a bit of a dumb Q, but I'm a little confused, because my Gmail push e-mail hardly ever works...).

Thanks!

Flavor

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
the mail should push directly to your phone. mobileme uses imap so any messages you delete are deleted instantly from the server and across all devices. it should also show all the items in your inbox, within reason, however i don't know if there is some limitation with the iphones mail app that would restrict how many messages can be displayed at once because i don't usually keep old messages around for that long if i don't need em.

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
the mail should push directly to your phone. mobileme uses imap so any messages you delete are deleted instantly from the server and across all devices. it should also show all the items in your inbox, within reason, however i don't know if there is some limitation with the iphones mail app that would restrict how many messages can be displayed at once because i don't usually keep old messages around for that long if i don't need em.

I found out the issue with the Gmail... When set up as an exchange account, there are settings assosciated with how long mail messages are included. Mine was defaulting to 3 days vs. infinite...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.