Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacergh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
I have a dilemma. I love MobileMe. I plan on keeping my MobileMe account. However, I cannot get an iPhone.

That leaves me, Smartphone wise, with the other three: BlackBerry, Android, and PalmOS.

Here's the dilemma -- how can I sync my contacts and calendars over the air with any of these three?

There are two options. First, Google. I have a Google account. I use it for email, but not for calendars or contacts.

Second, MS Exchange. I would need to get hosted Exchange. I could do this. It looks like it will cost me $13 per month ($20 for Blackberry).

So here's the question: Does Exchange syncing in Snow Leopard work well enough to use Exchange to sync my calendars and contacts over the air?

I currently own a decommissioned Blackberry. I could get a Palm Pre for cheap. (Plus the free tethering.) And I wouldn't mind the new Android Incredible -- it might make me miss my old iPhone less.

But the real thing holding me back was the lovely iPhone contact/calendar syncing. So wonderful.

Any thoughts? Does anyone currently do something like this? I'd hate to have to plug a USB cord in each time to Sync my contacts.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Just use Google for contact and calendar sync. Both Address Book and Ical apps have built in sync to Google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.