Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
crap freakboy said:
tacky

least I'm honest :)

true, but this wasn't meant to be a box cover either. still a few corrections could be made. I don't think apple would use the reflection filter on their posters. It was more of just the concept that I thought was cool. Maybe the second pic that was made could be looking into water with the X the same way. But it doesn't get the message across.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
iindigo said:
tiger.jpg
tiger1.jpg

:D

nice, I didn't have that X to work with at the time I made mine though. I had the same Idea at first but couldn't find a good tiger pic. to use. I like it though. Maybe a filter like water color or something could be applied to the tiger to make it look more original? I don't like the i'Life'05 boxes artwork. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
corywoolf said:
nice, I didn't have that X to work with at the time I made mine though. I had the same Idea at first but couldn't find a good tiger pic. to use. I like it though. Maybe a filter like water color or something could be applied to the tiger to make it look more original? I don't like the i'Life'05 boxes artwork. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it.

I've heard that from a few people.

I think the iLife/iWork boxes are awesome.

:confused:

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry corywoolf I am not a big fan of your mock up :( Doesn't have the right feel, too timid for that cat :) And the font is not good :(

The best one goes to Zenith... Nice one!

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
Looking at the pic here only confirm why I should pay pro illustrator 50$/h...

Zenith jobs is good tho, because it stays in the style of Apple.

But Apple wouldnt use 'its coming' because anything is coming, even Longhorn is (eventually) coming. It would be something more refined, if they even decided to put text...

Zenith

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2001
Norway
corywoolf said:
where did you get the high res. image of the X ?

I didn't have any high res, so I made one from scratch.

Now the main issue is to find the text that will fit on the poster. I completely agree that "It's Coming." isn't really Apple's style. What else? "Coming Soon"?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Nice job corywoolf, your design makes for a good poster announcing the release of Tiger.

iindigo said:

Nice job iindigo, I like the idea of having the Tiger on the box. It's reminiscent of Jaguar. I like the one on the right the best. The design is elegant, represents the quality of Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.