Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pipetogrep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2021
Sometimes you just need Git but you don't want to go through the hassle of compiling it on MacPorts. So here it is!

It's Git for Tiger and Leopard packaged using the "port mpkg git" command. I added the parts of the MacPorts postflight script that will add it to your PATH variable so you should be able to install and start cloning repos right away.

Enjoy!

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
(It is great to have this for convenience of users, but I think there is no problem to build git in Macports for 10.4.11+. If there is, please report that, it should be fixed in Macports then. Myself I normally test on 10.5.8+, so Tiger can be omitted.)

pipetogrep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2021
(It is great to have this for convenience of users, but I think there is no problem to build git in Macports for 10.4.11+. If there is, please report that, it should be fixed in Macports then. Myself I normally test on 10.5.8+, so Tiger can be omitted.)
No problems building. This is a convenience package for anyone that wants Git without MacPorts. I was having fun learning about the port packaging features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.