Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firelighter487

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
The Netherlands
hiya, i'm looking for a modern ish browser for Snow Leopard.

i have a Late 2006 MBP that still sees regular use. i use it to play guitar for example because my Retina MBP doesn't have a mic-in port.

i tried Lion on it so i could use Chromium Legacy, but even though i upgraded it to 3gb of ram and an SSD Lion stutters like all holy hell, whereas Snow Leopard is very smooth. so i'd like to continue using Snow Leopard.

however, it's very annoying that everytime i wanna download a program or something i need to do it on my Retina, put it on an external drive, transfer it over etc etc etc. if i could just have a decent browser for 10.6 that would solve a lot of these issues.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
hiya, i'm looking for a modern ish browser for Snow Leopard.

i have a Late 2006 MBP that still sees regular use. i use it to play guitar for example because my Retina MBP doesn't have a mic-in port.

i tried Lion on it so i could use Chromium Legacy, but even though i upgraded it to 3gb of ram and an SSD Lion stutters like all holy hell, whereas Snow Leopard is very smooth. so i'd like to continue using Snow Leopard.

however, it's very annoying that everytime i wanna download a program or something i need to do it on my Retina, put it on an external drive, transfer it over etc etc etc. if i could just have a decent browser for 10.6 that would solve a lot of these issues.
sealion is perfect well the best browser on my MBA 2010.
LINK but for 10.7 lion and up>
actually they sound the same so I recommend
SNOW_LION and the link is here for 10.6. snow leopard.

sorry
an di hoped this helped!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.