Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is it possible to make modifications on Wordpress themes so one can bring them to their own liking?

Last edited:

charliemacos

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2014
Yes of course, but you will need an understanding of HTML, CSS, some PHP and possibly Javascript.

WordPress has some built in customization features, but it may depend on the theme you are using.

If you are looking for something completely visual this the Divi plugin lets you customize themes using drag and drop.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
This Divi plugin looks very handy. What limitations are there when using it though? What are the stuff that you cannot do with it?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Im using Firefox to fiddle with the changes on CSS styles etc. to see a preview of the changes i want to make. How do i apply those changes to the Wordpress website?

cajun67

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
Is it possible to make modifications on Wordpress themes so one can bring them to their own liking?

Sure, if you've got the requisite web coding skills. The difficulty depends on the complexity of the template you start with.

But, I ran a web development business for six years, just setting up open source frameworks, buying templates, and modifying the template for the customer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.