Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
So, I was trying to do a big horn crescendo for the end of this cue, and I was automating the "modulation" parameter, because with the sample library I'm using, that controls dynamics. So I record the big epic (and crazy dissonant) chord I want it to start on, and all went fine. Then I went to record the modulation (for the crescendo to actually work), and in the process of recording, I hear the weirdest stuff coming out of this sample, and I go into the Piano Roll, and I notice that it looks like this (see attached screenshot).

Then, the next attempt at recording it, it started on like the highest velocity possible for like a split second before returning to the low velocity/modulation curve it's supposed to be.

Any ideas? This isn't the first time this has happened, probably the fifth time at this point.

EDIT: I'm recording the modulation data by moving the mod wheel on my controller, I wonder if that's why it's doing this...

EDIT #2 - Sorry for being so vague! There are two different problems. Problem #1 is that weird thing you see in the screenshot. Problem #2 is what you hear in the audio sample.
Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.00.06 PM.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.