Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gevalt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
nyc
i know it's about time for it to happen.

i've read several threads on several sites as to when folks think it MIGHT happen.

but has there been any OFFICIAL word from apple as to when mojave goes EOL and stops receiving security updates?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
i know it's about time for it to happen.

i've read several threads on several sites as to when folks think it MIGHT happen.

but has there been any OFFICIAL word from apple as to when mojave goes EOL and stops receiving security updates?
Apple doesn't publish support timelines, but Mojave has already stopped receiving security updates.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
as of when?

there was a security update to mojave in july.
Yes, Mojave got an update in July, but Monterey contains a lot of security fixes and there have been updates to Catalina and Big Sur since July. Safari 15.x also is unavailable in Mojave and that has many security fixes as well.

Reactions: KayEm6419

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
as of when?

there was a security update to mojave in july.
during the summer

on late humid and stormy summer day when the wind blew cold upon a humid terrain.
then without warning
the storm strewn the safari 15 update 'cross the plains, and into a vast emptiness
never to be seen in land we know and love, Mojave

sorry fellow Mojavian!

KayEm6419

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2020
A quick Duck search yields the EOL date Nov 30 on several sites, but no official  corroboration, word nor apology. -KM

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
A quick Duck search yields the EOL date Nov 30 on several sites, but no official  corroboration, word nor apology. -KM
does a King need to spake out loud concerning future executions?
does smother nature announce the next round of pummeling?
Does an alligator yell "Fore" before clamping onto a wading ankle in a pond?

its good to be the kings and not have anyone to answer to!

(i should be careful of the 3rd prophesy, since him photographing gators today)

Last edited:

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
I can understand limiting the system updates on a three year cycle for business and technical reasons. However, I cannot understand why they would limit critical security updates on such a schedule. They put their users at risk -- not to mention its reputation if something very bad were to happen.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
Apple frustratingly ended security updates for Mojave early this year. On their usual schedule it should have ended with Monterey's release but it ended in September :(

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP asks:
"mojave EOL... WHEN?"

Fishrrman answers:
August 31, 2034 at 14.00 hours.

Really, the "end of life" is when YOU decide to quit using it.
I intend to use Mojave for at least 3-4 more years (on my 2018 Mac Mini).
Perhaps even longer.

Reactions: madrich and JDar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.