Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
To preface, I have a slow internet connection. I tried downloading Mojave and was told it would take about 12 hours. I started the download yesterday morning and when I went to bed there was about a gig left to download. I woke up this morning assuming the download would be finished, but am unable to find it. There is only a 275 byte Mojave file in my applications folder which takes me to the app store. Am i Missing something? Is this file stored somewhere else, and if so where? Or o I need to start over? If I do need to start over is there a way I can download Mojave onto an external drive from a faster internet connection? Thanks for any help.

vince22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2013
i would start over due to possible file corruption, go ask a friend with faster internet connection, it takes only 5 mins (250mbps) for 6gb file to download.

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I am downloading it again. It is a slow process on DSL. My problem with finding a faster internet connection is that I am trying to upgrade an Imac so it isn't real easy to pack up and move. My Mac laptop is an older Macbook Pro which won't run Mojave, so the App Store won't let me download it to this computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.