Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

london_fog_646

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
I'm new here so forgive me if I'm not following proper thread etiquette.

I downloaded Mojave for my MacBook a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else noticed the significantly larger avatar icon for the login screen.

I'm also wondering why when I when I take a screenshot using the keyboard shortcut (command + shift + 4) , the screenshot image file is prefixed with "LW" so the default screenshot name changed to "LWScreenShot...)

I attached the screenshot below referencing both questions above.

Attachments

• LWScreenShot 2018-10-08 at 4.22.14 PM copy.png
    LWScreenShot 2018-10-08 at 4.22.14 PM copy.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,063

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I'm new here so forgive me if I'm not following proper thread etiquette.

I downloaded Mojave for my MacBook a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else noticed the significantly larger avatar icon for the login screen.

I'm also wondering why when I when I take a screenshot using the keyboard shortcut (command + shift + 4) , the screenshot image file is prefixed with "LW" so the default screenshot name changed to "LWScreenShot...)

I attached the screenshot below referencing both questions above.

I can’t really say that I have noticed the login screen avatar being larger. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t, just means I didn’t notice. I never really paid much attention to the old one

The LW prefix assigned to your login screen screen shot stands for Login Window, which makes sense

Edit: not sure if there is anyway to change that default

london_fog_646

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
I can’t really say that I have noticed the login screen avatar being longer. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t, just means I didn’t notice. I never really paid much attention to the old one

The LW prefix assigned to your login screen screen shot stands for Login Window, which makes sense

Edit: not sure if there is anyway to change that default

Thanks for your quick reply! That makes a lot of sense :)

london_fog_646

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Sorry for not being more observant regarding the first part of the question. I guess I just never paid attention to it. Maybe because I generally have the watch unlock the computer

Bit off the original topic...how are you able to unlock your macbook through your watch? Is it through your icloud, homesharing, etc?

london_fog_646

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
It's a checkbox under System Preferences ->Security and Privacy->General->Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac

Would you only see this option if you have an Apple Watch synced with your devices (through icloud)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.