Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adelima

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2021
UK
I use a MBP 2014, running latest Macos Mojave patch, with an upgraded after market SSD (crucial p2).

Ever since I did my SSD upgrade I've been having problems with periferals being recognised/mounted.
It seems to be pretty inconsistent, but from what I've been able to narrow down, if I plug a USB device, or memory card into the computer while it's asleep, or just starting up from a shutdown, it won't recognise that I plugged anything in.
If I then replug it it will be recognised, after a while, but not immediately (there's a delay).

I'm not sure if this is caused by my SSD upgrade, or if something's happened with my Time Machine transfer to the new SSD, but if anyone has any ideas for a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adelima

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2021
UK
I meant like Paragon or other software that makes other disk formats accessible
No, nothing like that. The only thing I can think of, is it might have something to do with my SSD upgrade, but I can't think why. I am running the NVMEFix and Lilu kexts, but I'm not sure if that would affect periferal mounting at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.