Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeppo2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I was surprised when it didn't show up, and it still hasn't. Is this normal, as in, Apple is waiting to see how the bugs shake out before they include a prompt to download it? Or is it something I need to look into?

Perhaps my computer doesn't meet the specs?

I usually don't pay attention to these releases until they show up in App Store updates, so I'm not sure how it normally proceeds.

Thanks
Rick

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
A new macOS is like a new app you have never installed, so you will not see it in updates since you have to initially download the entire installer app. You have to search for the new macOS app Mojave in the App Store. Try searching for "Mojave" in the App Store.

BTW: Your MBP is supported with Mojave.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I was surprised when it didn't show up, and it still hasn't. Is this normal, as in, Apple is waiting to see how the bugs shake out before they include a prompt to download it? Or is it something I need to look into?

Perhaps my computer doesn't meet the specs?

I usually don't pay attention to these releases until they show up in App Store updates, so I'm not sure how it normally proceeds.

Thanks
Rick

A new macOS is like a new app you have never installed, so you will not see it in updates since you have to initially download the entire installer app. You have to search for the new macOS app Mojave in the App Store. Try searching for "Mojave" in the App Store.

BTW: Your MBP is supported with Mojave.

Correct... it's not an 'update', it's an install of a new 'app'.

Also, after you've upgraded to Mojave, the system upgrades/updates will appear in System Preferences, NOT the Mac App Store.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 7.21.18 PM.png

zeppo2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Actually it showed up today, just like all of the previous one. Yeah, its given the name "upgrade", not "update", but this is what I was talking about. The upgrade was not showing up, whereas all of the other had. So my question was, why wasn't it?

Well, its a moot point now, because there it is, in the App Store > Updates screen, ready for me to install with the click of a mouse (along with an iMovie "update" that has been there, but I haven't bothered to install yet).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.