Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cchavez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
I got it all installed Mojave boots up, (used dosdude patcher) works good even logged on then all of a sudden crashes, I get the 3 beeping sounds and computer is frozen. Have to reset to get it to stop and then it does it all over again, tried PRAM and still doesn’t work. This model has the ATI 4670 so it should work, any ideas?

cchavez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
I got it all installed Mojave boots up, (used dosdude patcher) works good even logged on then all of a sudden crashes, I get the 3 beeping sounds and computer is frozen. Have to reset to get it to stop and then it does it all over again, tried PRAM and still doesn’t work. This model has the ATI 4670 so it should work, any ideas?
I’ve done a bit more trial and error, seems like as soon as I connect WiFi, it does the crash, until WiFi is connected, then it’s fine, maybe need to do an additional patch for this?

FarmerBob

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
In the initial install when you boot back to the patcher, after selecting the machine and what drive, what gets selected for you in the Patchers? I found that the "Legacy Video Patcher" says it doesn't need to be installed. But if I don't only one of three monitors will come up. Is any of the Video Patches not selected? The major one says it will read the install and if it's not needed it will not install. So if it's not selected, select it, finger crossed, it can't hurt.

cchavez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
Yea I did install that one, it didn’t work. I also tried the patch without that one selected and it and still didn’t work. Looks like I’ll be internet recovering this one and I’ll try Catalina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.