Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
I can connect and it dings with the connection successful sound. (Mojave 18A336e)

But everything is quiet. No sound whatsoever.

AirPods are working fine on my iPhone. On MBP, I've tried several methods like re-booting and pairing / forgetting / re-pairing / safe boot / BT>Debug>factory reset etc, each, dozens of times. Nothing works.

I couldn't find anyone else reporting this issue anywhere else. If anyone in the community can help, it'll be deeply appreciated.

cashville2400

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Same problem with with Mojave Beta 3 (18A336e). Airpods worked fine for beta 2. Airpods are also not working for me on on my iPad Pro 9.7, its running iOS 12 beta 2. They work with everything else that I have tried them with.

Last edited:

blackdogaudio

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2016
I'm running PB3 (18A336e) on a late 2014 5K iMac and listening to Anouar Brahem - "Barzach" through my AirPods as I type this post. No issues with my AirPods using PB1 or PB 2 either.

DavidThorn

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2018
This has been happening to me as well with beta 4. Worked great before and works with all my other devices. Just not my MacBook Air. It says it’s connected but no sounds comes out.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Oh. It’s a relief that there are others having similar issues.

So the only way to deal with this right now is to downgrade. Right?
Or waiting for the next beta which nobody knows when will release.

Jcsumlin

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2018
I can connect and it dings with the connection successful sound. (Mojave 18A336e)

But everything is quiet. No sound whatsoever.

AirPods are working fine on my iPhone. On MBP, I've tried several methods like re-booting and pairing / forgetting / re-pairing / safe boot / BT>Debug>factory reset etc, each, dozens of times. Nothing works.

I couldn't find anyone else reporting this issue anywhere else. If anyone in the community can help, it'll be deeply appreciated.
[doublepost=1532069627][/doublepost]iPhone 7 experiencing same thing on MB?? Help !! iOS 11.4.1

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Last night I fixed my years old Earbuds. So about one and a half years later, I’m back to wired mode.

Thanks to this bug. Otherwise I won’t have fixed my earbuds. I’ve been meaning to do that for about 2 years now.

cashville2400

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Updating my iPads, iPhone and Macbook Air now. Can't wait to have my airpods back working!

Last edited:

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
I didn't watch Avengers Infinity War in the last two days.

Been waiting for this beta, so the bluetooth is fixed. I will tonight. :D
[doublepost=1533102737][/doublepost]I am desperately hoping they fix the laggy situation in the final release. Still everything is half a second slower than High Sierra.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.