Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
hi, my application uses the scriptingbridge automation to interact with iTunes. Since Mojave, my distributed app works but not in my development environment.

I see my application in System Preferences, under “Security and Privacy,” “Privacy,” “Automation”. And it's enabled. I can run the version that came from the iTunes stores. When I open my project in xcode and run it, the scripting bridge access is forbidden.

I used tccutil reset to do some testing and if I fire the dev version it doesn't even trigger the privilege request dialog. I launch back the distributed version and it ask me for access and that version works.

thanks

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Hi,

When you say, "It doesn't work", what exactly is happening? Any kind of errors?
The calls that interact with ITunes doesn't return any object instance. The same thing that happen If I would deny my app the automation privilege. My development version doesn't trigger the popup. It's like it's always denied. I was simply re-compiling the same app on Mojave. No change to the code were mades.

I currently invoke iTunes to get the list of playlists. Every thing related to iTunes is not working with my dev version.
I tried to run it from within and outside of xcode, same results. If I use the TCCUTIL to reset the permissions, after if I run the dev version, it doesn't trigger the permission access, only the 'released one' trigger the dialog.

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
No worries. If it's not set then just add it and give it a string value along the lines of, "Communicating with iTunes" - just a short description of why your app needs to send AppleEvents.

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
No worries. If it's not set then just add it and give it a string value along the lines of, "Communicating with iTunes" - just a short description of why your app needs to send AppleEvents.

Okay, just did some testing and Apple also replied to me (it's been a few days) and they suggested me the same thing:

The app is missing the NSAppleEventsUsageDescription key in the Info.plist.

Thank you very much! I hope this post could help someone after too!

Cheers

Reactions: AphoticD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.