Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeadeyeM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Any one could test this out just curious, i know Mac is not great with gaming but wandering is this the same for different systems.

So i have tested on my rMBP 2013 (750m) 15inch. I tried fortnight so on Mac i was getting around 2-3 fps wheres on Win10 around 15fps.

Just wandering does Mac gaming still being bad compared to Win?

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
Fortnight (I’m not 100% sure) runs on Mac with OpenGL. Its macOS version is outdated and in Mojave deprecated. Try to compare another game (macOS vs. Windows) which uses Metal under macOS (or Vulkan like DotA 2 - just dont forget to install Vulkan support from Steam app and then change render option to Vulkan in game itself).

DeadeyeM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Fortnight (I’m not 100% sure) runs on Mac with OpenGL. Its macOS version is outdated and in Mojave deprecated. Try to compare another game (macOS vs. Windows) which uses Metal under macOS (or Vulkan like DotA 2 - just dont forget to install Vulkan support from Steam app and then change render option to Vulkan in game itself).
Can you suggest a game?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.