Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anup.chavda

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Harrow, UK
Hi

i have always had issues with continuity between iPhone and the iMac (late 2015 retina) in terms of using the feature to make calls via my iPhone on the iMac. Everything else works; continuity for continuing where i left off from my iPhone on my mac, and vice versa, the universal copy and paste and also being able to take calls from my iPhone on my iMac.

One thing that has eluded me since Sierra was the ability to place calls from my Mac, (your iPhone and iMac must be on the same wifi network blah blah), even though it worked when Sierra was released. i;ve checked all my settings and have tried working with Apple on this and we can't get it to work.

in High Sierra, there was an option to activate Wifi Calling on the mac, and i used this feature a lot. it worked, and while it didn't place a cellular call, it worked for what i needed it to.

upgraded to Mojave, and that option is no longer there. My iPhone uses Wifi Calling, my apple watch is configured for wifi calling, but i can no longer turn it on my Mac.

anyone else having similar issues? i've signed out of iCloud and back in again, i've done a VRAM and NRAM reset etc etc but no joy.

Thanks

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Mine is still in the same spot it has always been, in FaceTime Preferences.
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 9.37.12 AM.png

Reactions: mikzn

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
It's on the same spot on Mojave as well ~ under Facetime | Preferences.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 10.55.38 PM.png

I'm embarrassed to admit but I never tried calling from my mac before. Now I'm going to try it.

anup.chavda

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Harrow, UK
lol...it works well...when it works. i see that option about updating emergency numbers is missing from @BookEmDanno's screenshot, so thats what made me think it wasnt working correctly.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.