Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
IMG_0031.JPG

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
If she clicks where it says notification settings under those notifications, she will be able to turn off whatever apps you don’t want notifications from.

I suspect the notifications are just a symptom of the problem. I’m not sure what apps are giving those notifications but if she installed a bunch of sketchy apps, then perhaps remove those. The Google play store isn’t quite as clean as the Apple App Store. Also permissions are out of control for most android apps, so it’s a nightmare.

If it’s just a game or app she likes that’s only annoying with notifications, then just turn off the notifications for that app.

I hate you agree with the above poster, but an iPhone is more friendly if you don’t want to deal with a bunch of crap.

I’ll quote Tim Cook on this one

IMG_7288.jpeg

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
If she clicks where it says notification settings under those notifications, she will be able to turn off whatever apps you don’t want notifications from.

I suspect the notifications are just a symptom of the problem. I’m not sure what apps are giving those notifications but if she installed a bunch of sketchy apps, then perhaps remove those. The Google play store isn’t quite as clean as the Apple App Store. Also permissions are out of control for most android apps, so it’s a nightmare.

If it’s just a game or app she likes that’s only annoying with notifications, then just turn off the notifications for that app.

I hate you agree with the above poster, but an iPhone is more friendly if you don’t want to deal with a bunch of crap.

I’ll quote Tim Cook on this one

View attachment 2203993
I just hung out with a female friend that was sporting a brand new iPhone.... So I was like "hey bought an iPhone".... she was "my daughter bought it for me!".

I told her she clearly raised a great kid!

• Love
Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I just hung out with a female friend that was sporting a brand new iPhone.... So I was like "hey bought an iPhone".... she was "my daughter bought it for me!".

I told her she clearly raised a great kid!
That’s a pretty cool present to get from your kid. I bought my mom a MacBook Air but she won’t touch an iPhone or any other smart phone. I’m sure she could use one but she’s just stubborn 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.