Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Frame 56 (1).png

Monetal - Expense Tracker​

Offering a clean and intuitive interface, the application makes it super easy and fun for you to track expenses!​

1690648654207.png

Hi everybody! I am indie dev of Monetal - a powerful and user-friendly tool designed to revolutionise the way users manage their finances, helping them gain control over their financial life.

Home page: monetal.app
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monetal/id1302304930
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clickland.monetal.free
Dev Twitter: https://twitter.com/IlyaKrupko

Last edited:
Reactions: max2

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello, new version 1.12 is coming and already available in testFlight channel. I changed dark theme and also fixed several disappointing bugs. Enjoy!
ps. If you like to join beta testers just pm me your email and i will add you to beta testers. Thank you.

Last edited:

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello guys! New version of Monetal 1.12 is available in the App Store :p
What's new?
• New dark theme colors
• Use command olddarktheme to switch to previous dark theme
• New design for category tags
• Current wallet is highlighted in wallets list
• Bug. Selected wallet blinked on app launch
• Bug. Currency rates is updated after app installation.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi guys!
New Year is coming and it's time for a Sale! Next 3 days 27, 28, 29 of December you can buy Premium Forever with 50% discount .
ps. Just open Monetal - Settings - Password and you are on Purchase screen.
happyNewYear.png

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello guys!
Holidays just ended and it's time to continue... New version of Monetal 1.16 is already available in AppStore. What's new?
  • Wallets editing
  • Currency rates are sorted alphabetically
  • Bug. Fixed error in sync process
  • Bug. Negative account is displayed in right way
  • Bug. Currency rates corresponds selected wallet
  • Bug. Right rate in transfer transactions.

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
$12.00 for a lifetime membership?

I don't see how this app even rates a membership. I paid $2.99 for the premium version of Account Tracker by Graham Haley even though the free version was just as functional because of the continued support over the 7+ years I've been using it.

Another suggestion: allow reordering of accounts rather than auto-sorting alphabetically. This is something that has bothered me over the years with a lot of other applications.

Good luck!

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
$12.00 for a lifetime membership?
Hello, yes, for a lifetime membership. But you can wait until end of january there will be a sale with 50% off, i will post an update here.

I am using Monetal about 6 years since end of 2012, and I want to tell you that it's really cool to have all this data (~750kB now including notes) in an instant. I don't have any plans to cancel or stop development, it's a hobby, not a primary job. Also my wife and some other friends uses Monetal so I can't just drop everything =)

Yes, you are right about reordering, i definitely do it in future, but so far I need to implement more general things like recurring transactions, budgets and etc. Now if you have more than 3 accounts you can group them in wallets, just hold Total in main view and follow instructions. Truly I have an article about wallets but its in russian, I will translate it in a few days.

ps. I plan to write a converters from different apps so if you like i can take a look to yours, because i understand that nobody wants to drop 7 years of finance history.

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Hello, yes, for a lifetime membership. But you can wait until end of january there will be a sale with 50% off, i will post an update here.

I am using Monetal about 6 years since end of 2012, and I want to tell you that it's really cool to have all this data (~750kB now including notes) in an instant. I don't have any plans to cancel or stop development, it's a hobby, not a primary job. Also my wife and some other friends uses Monetal so I can't just drop everything =)

Yes, you are right about reordering, i definitely do it in future, but so far I need to implement more general things like recurring transactions, budgets and etc. Now if you have more than 3 accounts you can group them in wallets, just hold Total in main view and follow instructions. Truly I have an article about wallets but its in russian, I will translate it in a few days.

ps. I plan to write a converters from different apps so if you like i can take a look to yours, because i understand that nobody wants to drop 7 years of finance history.
The one I use has everything I need and a lot I don't use, including budgets and recurring transactions, so I can't really see myself spending money (especially a subscription) to switch to something else that has fewer features.

The reason I commented was more to share my thoughts on you charging a subscription rather than a one-time purchase price (or even offering a free version) for something that isn't quite fully baked just yet.

I appreciate your dedication/enthusiasm though!

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
charging a subscription rather than a one-time purchase price (or even offering a free version)
Oh, yes, I got you. But subscriptions are just an option along with one time payment, and also many people uses free version even without knowledge that its limited somehow. Monetal doesn't ask user to buy premium or demonstrate app status until you are trying to enable some paid feature, and it also doesn't have any ads.

For me subscription gives an opportunity to pay for particular benefit. I even would like to see subscriptions for home stuff and tech products, becauses in this case marketing not so important compared to product quality and usage experience.

This price is also about supporting project for those who see its potential and wants project to grow.
Anyway thank you for sharing your thoughts!

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hey guys, as I wrote before today Monetal on sale with 50% discount. I was trying to publish new version right in this moment but just now found a new issue. So update is delaying for a few days while i am fixing it. Thank you.

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Hey guys, as I wrote before today Monetal on sale with 50% discount. I was trying to publish new version right in this moment but just now found a new issue. So update is delaying for a few days while i am fixing it. Thank you.
hello, please check the price you entered, cuz i am seeing it as doubled the price, not reduced by half.

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
i am seeing it as doubled the price
Hi, that is right. Sale is over now becauses it lasted for 3 days, and yesterday price was increased. There was actually two sales last month and I don't plan any new sales in this moment. Currently I am working on recurring transactions and hope to deliver it in a few weeks.

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Hi, that is right. Sale is over now becauses it lasted for 3 days, and yesterday price was increased. There was actually two sales last month and I don't plan any new sales in this moment. Currently I am working on recurring transactions and hope to deliver it in a few weeks.
wait, what!?
like you told me to wait for the post Christmas sale, because I own the premium version on Windows Phone, and so I've been checking the price every single day since 10th of January, and the price never changed from 12usd. Well today it is 26usd. I didn't get it, when was that price drop?

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
today Monetal on sale with 50% discount
I notified about it here in post from 31 february. Sale was lasting about 3 days. If you was having any difficulties during that period you could notify me and post here about any problems. Since I didn't get any messages about any purchase problems I believe you really missed it somehow( .

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
I notified about it here in post from 31 february. Sale was lasting about 3 days. If you was having any difficulties during that period you could notify me and post here about any problems. Since I didn't get any messages about any purchase problems I believe you really missed it somehow( .
yeah, I see the post
as I told you, I am checking every day and today is the first day that the price is different from 12usd
that's the reason why I opened the forum to see what is happening, why there is price change and why there was no price drop as announced

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
that's the reason why I opened the forum to see what is happening
Hmm, I got you. I don't know what was wrong and why you didn't find price drop but ok, let's make another sale in 3d of March which is a Liberation Day holiday in Bulgaria. As before I will post notification here.

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Hmm, I got you. I don't know what was wrong and why you didn't find price drop but ok, let's make another sale in 3d of March which is a Liberation Day holiday in Bulgaria. As before I will post notification here.
okay, I will be looking forward it
btw I would suggest some improvement
it easier for me to explain it with sample:

"Income & Payments" - Month Report
food 300usd / 10usd per day
total 300usd / 10usd per day

"Income & Payments" - Year Report
food 1 200usd / 100usd per month
total 1 200usd / 100usd per month
basically I think it would be great to add some info on how the money you have spent are divided by days (for month report) and by months (for year report)

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Sure, it's already done in Android and it must be implemented in iOS in nearest future.
great, sorry didn't know that it is already a feature in the android version
I am still using my Windows Phone and haven't fully switched to iOS

zagiame

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2019
bulgaria
Hello, I find it strange that expenses are not sorted by the time they were made in the daily view:
For example I have added few expenses throughout my day and at the end of the day I add expense "Food" and when I check the account on the timeline the last expense is not on top, but at the end or somewhere in the middle. first I though they were sorted by expenses name, but that is not the case because there are multiple "Food" expenses and in-between them sometimes goes "others" or "debts"

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hi, yes, looks strange. Transaction doesn't have information about time it was made just date, so I can't just sort them by time. Anyway I will check what's wrong there, thanks for feedback!

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia

kruil

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2018
Tbilisi, Georgia
Hello guys,
Sometimes I feel like this thread is my own diary but sorry, I can't be silent)
New version of Monetal 1.20 is available in App Store.

What's new?
- I fixed a sad bug while transactions was cloned after editing
- Transactions sorted by adding time in transaction list
- Implemented extended category statistic. Since now this article is related also to iOS

Feel free to ask me any questions about Monetal and also check documentation on www.myMonetal.com .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.