Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rlyacht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2018
When the M1 mini came out, I bought one to replace an old mini, which I use with two old HP monitors. I found it didn't work with my monitors, which I stubbornly insist on using (HP LP2465, link to specs here). These monitors don't have HDMI, so of course i connect them via adapters. At the time, it seemed from posts here that there was some sort of issue, so I just sent it back, after having had an unsatisfactory chat with apple.

Now I'm thinking of trying again, but wondering if it's safe for me to assume that whatever issue this was has been fixed? Since these monitors are old, I can't expect that fixing the problem was high on apple's list, unless it was caused by some more general problem.

I'd appreciate any information!

Loyola

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2004
I was able to get two old Dell monitors to work. What was happening when you tried to use your monitors?

Dell 1909W is connected HDMI to DVI-D.

Dell IN2010N is connected USB 3.0 to VGA. This requires a driver that could break when Apple updates the OS. I couldn't use USB-C to VGA since it created a monitor resolution issue.

I am currently on macOS 11.7.1.

Last edited:

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
FWIW, the Club 3D CAD-1510-A should work, although it's overkill for this situation. It's designed for dual-link DVI, but it works with single-link DVI as well.

Which adapters did you try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.