Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
So I got a Monitor as a present, it's an LG E2241. The thing works great, except the recommended resolution does not work since I get the screen to the side and cannot be readjusted. I had to drop down to another resolution to get it to work. Now sometimes when I turn on the monitor it flickers a couple of seconds before settling. I found some mac drivers for it on the LG support site, but don't know how to install it?

It's a universal driver zip that included one for OSX according to the site.
The files are:
E2241.ICM
E2241.INF
E2241.CAT
Setup.exl

Does anyone know which would be the one for OSX and how to go on and install it? TIA

Last edited:

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Usually monitor drivers are useless on Mac.
What cable do you use? HDMI/DVI should work at native res by default. Don't use VGA as display quality is less and you might need to use SwitchResX, which is more expensive than a proper cable.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Usually monitor drivers are useless on Mac.
What cable do you use? HDMI/DVI should work at native res by default. Don't use VGA as display quality is less and you might need to use SwitchResX, which is more expensive than a proper cable.
The "driver" was just color correction specific for the monitor.
I'm using VGA because I'm running my MacBook to the monitor (figured the iMac subforum gad more users w monitors) and that is the only accessory I own for display.
What is the benefit of using the app apart from having everything as a shortcut? Does it replace the apple drivers for displays or why should I use it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.