Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarbun96

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 12, 2020
In my descent from £2k+ MBP to £100 Fujitsu Lifebook A Series, things have been going great. However, I've been considering a new monitor. Ideally, I'd like P3 colour accuracy, 120Hz or more and I'd be happy with FHD resolution. 24" is fine, 27" perfect. But can this mobile chip handle it? I'd hate to buy a beauty of a display for it to not pay off. Any recommendation from you guys who know about this stuff?

It was easy with Apple... 4K UltraFine and it 'worked' lol

Tekguy0

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2020
Your laptop should be able to handle 4K at 60Hz, not sure what display outputs it has, but it is probably more dependent on Fujitsu's implementation of outputs. Since the i3-6006u has HD 520, so you can forget about any advanced 3D. Assuming you are running windows, you can change settings for color, resolution, and refresh rate using the Intel control panel. Sounds to me like an unbalanced setup though, with a cheap laptop and an expensive display.

Reactions: Sarbun96

Sarbun96

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 12, 2020
Your laptop should be able to handle 4K at 60Hz, not sure what display outputs it has, but it is probably more dependent on Fujitsu's implementation of outputs. Since the i3-6006u has HD 520, so you can forget about any advanced 3D. Assuming you are running windows, you can change settings for color, resolution, and refresh rate using the Intel control panel. Sounds to me like an unbalanced setup though, with a cheap laptop and an expensive display.

Thanks for your reply. It definitely is an unbalanced setup, a while back I sold my Mac and went iPad only. That failed so I bought a £100 cheap Fujitsu laptop until I made up my mind about what device I wanted before sinking serious money into a PC or other Mac.

But I decided in the end up the device for me was a Note 20 Ultra with DeX mode when I need it. So now my monitor is just used for my work PC (WFH) and my phone for DeX after hours or during the day via the work PC.

I'd still like to upgrade it though to something with good colour and easy on the eyes for working. The work PC has an i5-7300U so no beast. The Note 20 Ultra can handly up to 4K I think, though I'd sacrifice resolution for colour and comfort any day.

Reactions: Tekguy0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.