Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bfinn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
So I have a dilemma: I have an m1 studio and a pc, sharing a single 27 in monitor. I just purchased a 4k Samsung monitor. Using Logic on the Mac and need higher resolution.

pc connects via DisplayPort & full 4k resolution, very nice. There’s no lightning bolt port on the monitor, so the Mac connects via hdmi. The resolution is still low when switching to the mac, not 4k, which is the main reason for the new monitor. :-(. Display option in settings shows the monitor but no resolution menu, so can‘t be changed. I could switch to the 5k lg 27 in but it only has thunderbolt port, and no thunderbolt on it’s graphics card, and I’m not sure I can get a PC Card with thunderbolt. What a mess! Any thoughts on a solution?

Thanks
bob

Bfinn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2023
It does. I got a utility which allows me to set multiple resolutions on this monitor. There’s a bug in the display setting in the Mac OS, which does not present resolution options for this particular monitor (Samsung). Working fine now thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.