Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meletkis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2016
Athens, Greece
Happy new year!

I recently purchased a Mac mini M2 (2023) which I connected to my BENQ EX2510 monitor. My display is set to 1920 x 1080 at a 60 Hertz refresh rate. Unfortunately, the text rendering is far from ideal (please see the attached photo).

Do you have any suggestions for fixing this issue or any insights into what might be causing it?

If not, could you direct me to a list of compatible monitors with Mac? I'm primarily interested in office work, so a high-end monitor isn't necessary.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 3.33.42 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 3.33.42 PM.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 89

meletkis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2016
Athens, Greece
This is how MacOS renders text on non retina displays, it has nothing to do with compatibility. To improve text quality you would need at least 4K resolution in retina mode.
To be honest, I managed to fix the issue by enabling HiDPI via a third-party app. I am just trying to figure our whether it is possible to enable it via Terminal on Sonoma.

AlphaCentauri

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2019
Norwich, United Kingdom
To be honest, I managed to fix the issue by enabling HiDPI via a third-party app. I am just trying to figure our whether it is possible to enable it via Terminal on Sonoma.
I wanted lots of screen real estate (5120x1440), so I’ve learn to live with it and from 80cm, it’s not that bad. Everyone’s sensitivity to font quality is different, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.