Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pili

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Orlando/Miami, FL
Was just wondering if there are any other monitors besides the dell that of are higher quality (along the lines of the ACD or greater) but offer similar input connections like component video, svideo, etc.

Thanks.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
samsung's multimedia line - my 17" from 4 years ago has vga, component, svideo composite and apparently when my x360 is connected with a vga cable it runs at 1080i but i run it to 720p

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Apple cinema display? :rolleyes:

A little reading-challenged, are we?

Was just wondering if there are any other monitors besides the dell that of are higher quality (along the lines of the ACD or greater) but offer similar input connections like component video, svideo, etc.

This lack of flexibility is the biggest thing that sort of makes the ACD a rip-off, in my opinion. If for some reason you don't want to go Dell, I'd say Samsung or possibly Viewsonic are your top choices for quality, although I haven't found many monitors to have the plethora of connections like the Dells do. We also know for a fact that the Dell 20" and 30" use the same panels as the Apple 20" and 30".

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
A little reading-challenged, are we?

This lack of flexibility is the biggest thing that sort of makes the ACD a rip-off, in my opinion. If for some reason you don't want to go Dell, I'd say Samsung or possibly Viewsonic are your top choices for quality, although I haven't found many monitors to have the plethora of connections like the Dells do. We also know for a fact that the Dell 20" and 30" use the same panels as the Apple 20" and 30".

ohh i thought ACDs had those features! slap me for not doing research, my bad :(

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006

yeah viewsonic and samsung are pretty much the only other two, and as he said they wont have as many connections. Good luck though

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2006
There isn't a lot of monitor out there that beat ACD in colors accuracy and sharpness, but Eizo Monitor is top of the line. Their colors accuracy is greater then Apple and have a zero dead pixel policy. They are expensive but their monitor are superior then many others. Other then that, I think Samsung follow very closely maybe even better then Apple in some parts. Apple input I think are rather somewhat useless. I find the firewire to be useful, but all this is on your Mac Pro already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.