Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I tried Beta 3 the other day. I wrote a console app in VB.NET 2003 on a Windows computer, then copied it across to my Mac and ran it via Mono. It worked :D

A GUI app, on the other hand, complained that Winelib was missing. After several attempts, I couldn't get it working :(

NuPowerbook

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2004
If I were to use mono, is there any way to serve ASP.NET pages on my mac, or is that still out of the question?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It's definitely a goal of the project, but I have no idea whether it works in the current release.

GUI, mod_mono

Nermal said:
A GUI app, on the other hand, complained that Winelib was missing. After several attempts, I couldn't get it working :(
If you have X11 and GTK installed, you can try using GTK#. GTK# works well on Mac OS X, Windows, and free UNIX.
NuPowerbook said:
If I were to use mono, is there any way to serve ASP.NET pages on my mac, or is that still out of the question?
I haven't any experience on this yet, even on Linux. But you might want to take a look at mod_mono and see if it compiles on Mac OS X (last time I tried I couldn't, but that was with Beta 1).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.