Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hello

I’ve been a user of GeforceNow for a long time, mostly on Big Sur and Catalina, with my DualShock 4, with no issues. Everything just worked, the Bluetooth connection with the controller was reliable, and if some day were issues, those were with the service, not with the controller wireless connection.

I installed Monterey (clean install) few weeks ago, and since then, I’ve been having issues with Bluetooth. First with macOS 12.3.1 and the Magic Trackpad 2, but a couple of days later I installed macOS 12.4 and the Bluetooth issues persist.

Now I will describe my problems with the DualShock 4 + GeforceNow on Monterey. At first, the controller apparently pairs correctly with my Mac (a 2014 Mac mini, still officially supported). With this first connection, the light on the DualShock 4 is blue, even if I’m already on GeforceNow with a game loaded. Then, after 20 to 30 seconds, or even a whole minute, the light changes from blue to red. Then, the snappiness of the controller decreases, the lag increases, and sometimes it’s so bad, that the system thinks I’m still moving in one direction when I’ve already stopped pushing the joystick. It’s pretty weird, but this didn’t happen on Big Sur at all.

I’m opening this thread to know if more people are experiencing this with their Bluetooth controllers, and to try to narrow the cause: Monterey, my Mac’s Bluetooth, or maybe it’s a problem with the new GeForceNow 2.0 app.

Thank you

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.