Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MriX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Germany
Yesterday I updated to macOS Monterey and now I have the issue that when my Logitech MX Master 3 is connected via bluetooth to my Mac it will wake up again after around 10 seconds after putting it to sleep. Has anyone else this issue or an idea how to fix that?
As soon as I turn off the MX Master 3 is sleeps perfectly fine.

Cheruman

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2007
Same problem here with the original MX Master, don’t have the non-Bluetooth dongle to try

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
MX Master 2, using USB receiver still wakes.

Looks like there is a Logi Options app update, will see if that resolves issue.

Update: Looks like a BT bug with Logitech devices. I realized my Logitech keyboard was connected via BT and that is what is waking up my iMac. Apple Magic KB connected via BT with no issues.

Last edited:

mrcj.

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2021
Do you see "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" option in Advanced bluetooth setting ?

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I have this problem too on a 14" M1 MBP. I have an MX Keys and MX Master 3, after trial and error, this is being caused by the MX3. If I turn it off, then it sleeps fine. If I have it on, then it wakes up seconds after going to sleep.

The keyboard doesn't seem to be the issue.

iMactouch

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2017
Wunstorf, Germany
this is being caused by the MX3. If I turn it off, then it sleeps fine. If I have it on, then it wakes up seconds after going to sleep.
Is is possible that the mouse is moved after going to sleep. That is the cause here with my MX Vertical. If it is only moved a tenth of a mm the Mac Pro 2013 wakes up.

Cheruman

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2007
I managed to find the Unifying receiver dongle and since switching to that rather than Bluetooth the problem goes away. Just to confirm, I never had this issue with previous versions of MacOS and my MX Master 1 so it’s clearly some compatibility issue between Monterey and Logitech - whose site doesn’t even mention MacOS 12 as being supported.

pneves1975

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2018
Portugal
Bluetooth on Monterey has given me some headaches. Today the magic mouse 2 waked the computer but could not function afterwards (had to off/on BT). Second time it wake up fine, could use it but was detected as a "ordinary" mouse without touch capabilities. Another Off/On solved the issue. However the trackpad touch to click has been unreliable as well.

MriX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Germany
I have contacted Logi and they are currently looking into this, but haven't confirmed that there is a widespread issue. So maybe it helps when you also contact them.

The strange thing is that since I killed some of the Logitech Options Daemon processes the issue seems to be gone for me, even after a reboot.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Is is possible that the mouse is moved after going to sleep. That is the cause here with my MX Vertical. If it is only moved a tenth of a mm the Mac Pro 2013 wakes up.

I doubt it because if the mouse kept moving a mm, it would reset the idle clock and never even try to go to sleep.

It would be a very odd coincidence if the mouse just happened to move a tiny bit a second after my computer went to sleep every single time.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I managed to find the Unifying receiver dongle and since switching to that rather than Bluetooth the problem goes away. Just to confirm, I never had this issue with previous versions of MacOS and my MX Master 1 so it’s clearly some compatibility issue between Monterey and Logitech - whose site doesn’t even mention MacOS 12 as being supported.
Thank you!

I found my unifying receiver and that solved my problem too. Plus it has the added benefit of me being able to use my MX keyboard for typing my password when I reboot, I couldn't use it with Bluetooth.

Reactions: Cheruman

Sojourn

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
I just bought the MX Master 3 (after having already upgraded to Monterey) and can confirm that the issue happens on Bluetooth for me as well, but switching to the dongle made it work properly. Hoping the issue can be fixed so I don't have to permanently use a USB slot!

Reactions: lankox

MriX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Germany
The issue is still unknown to Logitech, as they think only my mice has problems. I now managed to get a USB dongle for free as I didn't had one because I bought the Mac version

So guys please report the problem to Logitech, so that the issue gets attention.

Reactions: Roadster Lewis

kowluk

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2021
I had the same problem with the mx keys keyboard and the mx master 3 mouse. I solved the problem by uninstalling the logitech device management application. Now everything works great and the devices communicate via the bt of the macbook without the participation of the logi application.

Sojourn

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
I had the same problem with the mx keys keyboard and the mx master 3 mouse. I solved the problem by uninstalling the logitech device management application. Now everything works great and the devices communicate via the bt of the macbook without the participation of the logi application.
Do you mean the Logi Options app? Without it, do you still have the ability to customize the mouse button features by application?

jdavidbuerk

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2021
Washington, DC
Hello, long-time reader / lurker, first-time poster; after years of reading this site, I finally joined just to respond to this thread.

I'm also having the same issue of my new Logitech MX Keys waking my MacBook Pro running Monterey from sleep soon after beginning it, and I've found it also prevents screensaver from automatically beginning as well, which is especially problematic for me since my LG 5K2K monitor is prone to image retention (screensaver prevents and refreshes ghosting when not in use). I'm finding this behavior takes place whether the keyboard is switched on or not, which points to a software / driver issue. I've tried uninstalling Logi Options, but still have Options+ installed, so I'm unsure if this will fix the problem.

I've responded to the only support thread about this I could find in the Logitech support forum as well:

Reactions: shadedred

shadedred

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2009
FYI - a new version of Options was released... can't say for sure if it was today, but after last night - noticing my MBP screen still on at 5am, I decided to check - version 9.50.122. Hopefully this resolves the issue!

alesrlima

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2022
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hi guys! I finally bought my MX Master 3, and last year I updated my Mac Mini M1 for the MacOS Monterey, and when I downloaded the driver, I couldn't install, I had look at the internet and the Logitech don't show any news about that!! Some one find any solution about that issue?

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.