Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venomx999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
Uk
Had my iPhone 11 a few weeks now ( bought it brand new )
Up until today I used to get much more usage out of the battery, usually about 4pm I'd have around 45% left. However today I noticed it is going down quicker and is about 29% at 4PM. I usually have bluetooth on, but today turned it off.

I have been connected to wifi most the day, same as usual.

The only thing which has changed is, in the battery section it used to say " your battery health reporting system is recalibrating "
Wheras now that message has disappeared
msg.jpg

Maybe the usage is the same, but it's just that now it is calibrated properly ?

Second question is.
If I want fast charging in my car. Can I buy a USB c to USB a adapter, like this ? OR will it charge at the slower speed still?
41K8kx-ryjL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
Fast charging is dictated by the power supply.

If the power supply in the car doesn't support PD then it won't fast charge regardless of connector.

Reactions: venomx999

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
If your car won't support fast charging via USB ports, there's always the cigarette lighter and something like this...

718tRphKiWL._AC_SL1420_.jpg

There's a big variety of cig lighter options, so you may want to look at many options. Some have more ports. Others come in different shapes. Some are almost flush like this one.

Last edited:

venomx999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
Uk
Ok thanks guys. Any idea why my battery is draining faster than usual ?
Last Friday after 4.5hrs of screen on time I had 30% left
Today. After 3.5hrs of screen on time I have 21% left.

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
Check the battery usage and see what apps are using the battery the most or if something is running constantly in the background.

venomx999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
Uk
Check the battery usage and see what apps are using the battery the most or if something is running constantly in the background.

Facebooks at the top then chrome. Same as usual. Nothing new there

Perhaps something to do with location services ?

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
What's the battery health at?

Edit: it may not show since its calibrating. But once done check that and if its below 80%, you'll probably want to replace.

venomx999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
Uk
Uninstalled the last thing I installed which was Telegram
Turned off location services
Updated my apps
Set screen brightness to auto

End of yesterday I had 8% battery.... Today I have about 62% end of day !
So seems to be sorted.

May have had something to do with the calibration, i'm not sure. But thankfully all is OK now :)

Andy002

macrumors member
May 30, 2022
This other thread is also about the battery problem. I posted there several times about my SE 2020 suddenly draining everyday, needing a recharge in the afternoon or evening. Battery shows 98% health.

Was it from the 16.5 update? That's about when the problem started. Before this my battery would be at 50-60% at night when I plugged it in and went to bed. That was the only time I ever needed to charge it.

A know-it-all buddy of mine claims all this is the same problem as that lawsuit was over several years ago. I posted this question in the above thread, but no responses yet. Anybody got any ideas at all?

Do any of the quick battery drainage problems in this thread have anything to do with the lawsuit against Apple a few years ago for something similar?

I've read three article about the lawsuit, and am still not clear if these two things are related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.